Date

 

Location

Browser

Room System

Phone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/690803707

or 

https://ls.st/rsv


  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 690803707 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 690803707

Attendees


Regrets

Metric tracking dashboards

Rubin science pipelines weekly change log and  Github repo: https://github.com/lsst-dm/lsst_git_changelog

Status of jenkins jobs and slack channle for notifications:  #dmj-s_verify_drp_metrics slack channel 

Discussion items

ItemWhoPre-meeting notesMinutes
News, announcements and task review

All



CI status, bugs, issues of the week

All
  • verify_drp_metrics CI job,  DM-31777 - Getting issue details... STATUS


  • Exciting week in CI!
  • Several tickets resolved to get CI going again 
    • Jointcal ticket causing breakage  -fixed by adding a check to skip a dataid if the calibration information is not there. 
    • Issues with changes to inherit from drp obs_subaru pipelines. We inherited configuration.  Led to breakages related to DiffIm. DRP were seeing this but ignoring it as it was an edge case. Our finite field size exacerbated this. 
    • Ellipticity metrics not in the definition file 
    • .. lots of changes. Jeff has sorted them all out!
  • Nightly still broken - need a nightly run to check we are running again. 

Data processing campaigns  

  • RC2/DC2 reprocessing epic : DM-26911 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • w_2021_40 RC2:   DM-32248 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • w_2021_44 DC2 : DM-32391 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • AuxTel 
  • AP DiffIm (DECam data)

Auxtel - watch #rubinobs-sitcom-surveys for updates

  • Porting AuxTel pipelines to Gen3, configs need change.   DM-32141 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • g,r,i, data to get a colour locus. 
    • Spec  run in dec to got data tor atm transmis - fr 
    • g data taken in 2 runs - 1 sq. deg.
    • go back to do a gri run in january 
    • Have data, not reduced.
  • Reduction of data on NCSA - still not up on antu. 
    • Ingested at NCSA, calibs built, incl. g-band flats. 
    • xtalk produced but not validated. 
    • Expect to have a full set of calibs. 
  • Will move to antu after one run at NCSA .

AP DiffIm (DECam data) 

  • No news

AP DiffIm (AuxTel)

  • Wait to do that until prompt production is available in ~June 2022.


DP0.2

Faro for DP0.2

  • SQuaSH Dashboard for DP0.2 processing?
  • Plan to compute metrics for pilot runs
Faro Development status 
  • Fall 2021 epic DM-30748 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Backlog epic:  DM-29525 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Where are we on parquet conversion?
    • Implementation of forced source catalog reviewed. 
      • not applying external ph/as calibrations. Want to apply them but will be costly to look up external calibs for every object. 
      • In the next few months, this will be done as part of creating the tables. 
      • For now we will not look up and apply external calibs. 
      • No ability to compare to an external ref catalog - compare frc src to object table and object table to external 
  • TEx metrics implementation
    • Jeff + Erik review this week. 
    • Template for additional metrics using parquet. 
  • Documentation merged! Daily build: https://pipelines.lsst.io/v/daily/modules/lsst.faro/
  • Peter progressed on AA1 metric.
  • Sophie re-implemented stellar locus metric. We should review the underpinnings of the new implementation once stable. In porting the code, Sophie has identified things that can be done better.  DM-28144 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Colin to ask about capturing ideas for improvement to the stellar locus algorithm   
AOB

Potential co-working session ideas here



List of tasks (Confluence)

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Leanne Guy to talk to Science Pipelines (Yusra) about when do this transfer  
19 Oct 2021Leanne Guy2021-09-28 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Leanne Guy arrange to disucss at a future meeting if there are metrics from PDR3 & this paper that we might want to include in faro.   
26 Oct 2021Leanne Guy2021-08-31 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Colin to ask about capturing ideas for improvement to the stellar locus algorithm   
30 Nov 2021 2021-11-09 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Jeffrey Carlin to review metric specification package organization and the relationship to formal requirements documents
Jeffrey Carlin2022-04-19 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Colin Slater to make a preliminary draft agenda for a workshop to clarify visualization use cases for science verification and validation
Colin Slater2022-04-19 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Keith Bechtol Schedule a time to have focused discussion on verification package, potentially next status meeting
Keith Bechtol2021-09-14 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Keith Bechtol to make a ticket to better understand mapping of these camera and calibration products characterization efforts to verification documents and the focus of these efforts. Discuss with the SCLT
Keith Bechtol2021-09-14 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes