Room System

Phone Dial-in


  1. Dial: or
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 690803707 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 690803707



Metric Tracking Dashboard


Discussion items

ItemWhoPre-meeting notesNotes and  Action Items 
News, announcements and task review

See notes from previous meeting

A few items that came up in the DRP metrics monitoring meeting this week:

  • Is it possible to add an additional field for a timestamp when dispatching results to SQuaSH so that we can control the time axis value of results for plotting performance over time? Currently, the time is the time of upload to SQuaSH rather than something directly tied to the processing / data collection time.
  • Goal to get faro people talking directly to Monika / people doing the RC2 data reduction. The desired behavior is that Monika runs the data reduction, faro is run as part of the pipeline, and metric results are uploaded to SQuaSH all automatically.

"First-look Analysis and Feedback Functionality (FAFF)" group starting up this week, beginning with a survey of use cases.

A grad student at Stanford working with Eric Charles, Sidney Mau, contacted Keith to indicate that he is continuing to develop the N-way matcher algorithm. Keith pointed him to the MultiMatch and GroupView code and where it is used in faro so that he can attempt to implement a drop-in replacement.

  • Metrics shipping to influxDB. Still a manual part to get into SQuaSH, Simon reviews the tags for datasets. Will go away in future when APIs are homogenized. Visualization done with chronograph.
  • Given the manual step, the timestamp work has been moved up in priority.
    • Time written to disk is the default 
    • Parameter will be added to the upload step to override this and provide a timestamp. 
  • Want to put in place a single pipeline to run a reprocessing + faro + upload to squash. 
  • Jeffrey CarlinCheck with Monika that NCSA have what they need to run faro in a single pipeline for reprocessing  
  • FAFF - no action for this group yet. The use cases are at the bottom of the linked confluence page. This group is invited to review and provide input. RHL says the focus is "what do we need to do our job on the mountain". 
  • Keith will be contact person for Eric/Sidney  
  • Gen2/3 CMR results - Jeff ran a comparison with w_2021_14 follwoing fix from Eli for the lookup table the lookup table. All results are identical except for TE1/2 results.  Not sure why. Jeff will follow up with Yusra. Conclude that we will publish Gen3 results in CMR only. 
Bugs, issues, etc of the weekAll 

Review of any issues that have come up during the week with faro and metric computation 

Dan Taranu added photometric repeatability metrics to faro. See  DM-30823 - Getting issue details... STATUS  and this PR.

  • Fix for lookup table in from Eli - 
  • Jeffrey CarlinCheck that the incorrectly specified pipelines in yaml files found by Dan have not resulted in bad results in the CMR.  
Status of reprocessing 
  • What versions are we reprocessing now and what is the status
  • w18. Status of failed tract and coaddition step?
Dashboards can be found here:

Monthly reprocessing: 

  • DRP metrics monthly Gen 2 (HSC RC2)
  • Where is the Gen3 squash dashboard - follow up with Yusra
  • Get the new test dataset running and metrics into a dashobard (or add to existing) in squash 

No results are reported in the nightly dashboards for many of the metrics

  • Simon Krughoff to look at last night's jenkins run and see why no metrics (except AM1) are showing up in squash  
Development status 
  • Fall 2021 epic  DM-30748 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Backlog epic:  DM-29525 - Getting issue details... STATUS

AOBNext meeting 2021-07-06

List of tasks (Confluence)

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Leanne Guy to talk to Science Pipelines (Yusra) about when do this transfer  
19 Oct 2021Leanne Guy2021-09-28 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Leanne Guy arrange to disucss at a future meeting if there are metrics from PDR3 & this paper that we might want to include in faro.   
26 Oct 2021Leanne Guy2021-08-31 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Colin to ask about capturing ideas for improvement to the stellar locus algorithm   
30 Nov 2021 2021-11-09 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Colin Slater to make a preliminary draft agenda for a workshop to clarify visualization use cases for science verification and validation
Colin Slater2022-04-19 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Jeffrey Carlin to review metric specification package organization and the relationship to formal requirements documents
Jeffrey Carlin2022-04-19 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Keith Bechtol Schedule a time to have focused discussion on verification package, potentially next status meeting
Keith Bechtol2021-09-14 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Keith Bechtol to make a ticket to better understand mapping of these camera and calibration products characterization efforts to verification documents and the focus of these efforts. Discuss with the SCLT
Keith Bechtol2021-09-14 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes