Date & Time 

  11:00 PDT



Room System

Phone Dial-in


  1. Dial: or
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 690803707 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 690803707



Discussion items


ItemWhoPre-Meeting NotesNotes and  Action Items
Update status, task review
  • RHL:   In future breaking interface changes will be RFC'd.
Bugs, issues, etc of the weekAll Review of any issues that have come up during the week with faro and metric computation 
  • To see any jenkins failures with faro, subscribe to #dmj-s_validate_drp_gen3 or go to jenkins - faro 
  • Leanne will work on  DM-29892 - Getting issue details... STATUS  today (still failing)
Status of reprocessing 

Problems  running  faro on the w_2021_14 (RC2)  with external calibrations. : 

  • Problems with ? <keith> Keith reports that the work was split into several PRs
  • Yusra wants us to handle new/old style calibrations, are the PRs compatible with doing this? Keith thinks both and choice via configuration.  Involves a new dataset type that was added. Old was not removed. 
  • Remaining PRs on this need to be merged before RC2 reprocessing can be completed. 
  • Get faro under CI to catch these things. Also interfaces should have been RFC'd. 
Reference Catalogs

Discussion thread on #dm-science-pipelines (2021-05-03)

experimental branch for refcat access, see

  • Will the current reference catalog interface continue - the current version is a hold over from pre-Gen3. Will there be a standard way to apply corrections to ref. catalogs or do we need to repeat steps that jointcal / FGCM are doing to get the reference catalog into the state needed?
  • Provide as a utility in faro? 
  • RHL suggests: Dump a catalog as calibrated by FGCM from the last RC2 reprocessing and create a reference catalog. i.e build a ref catalog independent of pipelines for now until we understand what we want. 
  • Keith will proceed to implement  what we need in faro following advice from Jim.
Development status 

Review progress on the current development epic DM-26993 - Getting issue details... STATUS


Eric Charles (a DESC pipeline scientist based at SLAC) contacted Yusra and Keith to discuss his work on an improved deterministic N-way catalog matching algorithm.

Next meeting 2021-05-04

  • Keith Bechtol Start discussion on #rubinobs-science-verification, invite Eric to join, possibly schedule a discussion in a few weeks  

List of SST tasks (Confluence)

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Leanne Guy to talk to Science Pipelines (Yusra) about when do this transfer  
19 Oct 2021Leanne Guy2021-09-28 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Leanne Guy arrange to disucss at a future meeting if there are metrics from PDR3 & this paper that we might want to include in faro.   
26 Oct 2021Leanne Guy2021-08-31 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Colin to ask about capturing ideas for improvement to the stellar locus algorithm   
30 Nov 2021 2021-11-09 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Colin Slater to make a preliminary draft agenda for a workshop to clarify visualization use cases for science verification and validation
Colin Slater2022-04-19 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Jeffrey Carlin to review metric specification package organization and the relationship to formal requirements documents
Jeffrey Carlin2022-04-19 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Keith Bechtol Schedule a time to have focused discussion on verification package, potentially next status meeting
Keith Bechtol2021-09-14 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Keith Bechtol to make a ticket to better understand mapping of these camera and calibration products characterization efforts to verification documents and the focus of these efforts. Discuss with the SCLT
Keith Bechtol2021-09-14 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes