Can't login to NCSA account (lsst-dev)
|Patrick Ingraham||06/Feb/18||06/Feb/18||Bad entry in his .ssh/known_hosts file. Fixed.|
Request to make /project available on the lsst-demo server, in support of the Firefly server on that host.
/project is now mounted readonly on lsst-demo from GPFS via NFS.
Per RFC-440, create directory structure for new calibration data into /datasets/hsc.
The following directories were created:
|IHS-618||20/Nov/17||06/Feb/18||It was determined that the sysadmins will take care of these requests.|
This process primarily targets requests that can be handled with current level of effort (LOE) resources. This process is also designed to detect and redirect items to the EVMS process if they exceed LOE resources.
Successful changes proceed through 5 stages:
|Business Case & T/CAM Concurrence||Check that the submitter has stated a plausible business case and the relevant T/CAM agrees|
|2||Feasibility||Is the change well-formulated, address a project need and|
|3||Planning||A detailed implementation plan is created which takes into account impacts, resource needs, testing and verification.|
|4||Insertion||The plan is executed to implement the change.|
|5||Assessment||Verification of successful change, issues analysis, documentation and close-out.|
Open Change Requests
A complementary RFC has been filed: RFC-443, Re-enable per user quotas in home directories
NCSA has yet to discuss this.
|02/Nov/17||Assessing the impact to other use cases|
Discussion in several infrastructure & PDAC meetings. Fritz Mueller has the action item of needs-gathering. Waiting for feedback.
Heard on the Street This Week, but no Ticket Filed
It was suggested that per-user storage usage for each shared fileset be made available. Preferably readable by any DM member.
- Several users expressed a desire to have the Intel compiler suite (icc) available on last-dev
- Increase ssh idle session timeout, which is currently 1 hr. (John Parejko via Slack)
- Suggestion to deploy kubernetes on PDAC, it is assumed that this is being handled through the rolling-wave (EVMS) process
- Tools for parallel programming in batch computing environment (gnu parallel and others)
Change Process Notes
- Paul has contacted corresponding T/CAMs to understand business need, obtain concurrence & document in each LDMCR
- Change process is being exercised, refined and socialized with T/CAMs as well as submitters
A problem registry has been begun here to analyze incidents in an effort to identify root cause, frequency and severity.
- Nothing new
- Last PDAC meeting 11/16/2017.
- Last meeting
- Shared storage usage was the major topic of discussion
- Daily usage statistics are now generated for filesets /home, /project, /datasets, /scratch
- The Infrastructure group was briefed on an upcoming reservation in the batch computing environment to support processing of HSC-PDR1 data.
- Next meeting
- Unknown User (pdomagala), prototype a service mgt. dashboard (viewpoint experiment)
- Unknown User (pdomagala), produce system design document. Define incident. Roadmap. Define targets. What systems cover availability mgt.
- Unknown User (pdomagala), run the change request wording by Margaret. If approved, post in the developer docs. Maximize use of pointers.
From last week